Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Catching up

Yikes! It's been too long since I last posted. Here's what happened: I went to the interview. The skirt fit! I rocked that interview like Mick Jagger rocks "Shattered." Got a second interview. And did not get selected for the job I had targeted. Nobody who applied for that position from my department got it (and we all got the exact same talking points about why, which would be irritating if I wasn't so tired). I did, however, get a job offer for a different consulting position in my current department, which I accepted because I am not too proud to settle. It came with a chunky raise, which does not ease the pain of losing my beloved manager, losing my cherished team, and knowing my workload will increase to the point of career damage. It nearly makes me wish I'd just taken the severance package. But, I'm in it full-tilt for now, knowing that along my path, other opportunities are bound to blossom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very glad things are woring out! Hope we can get together some time soon.

Unknown said...

All's well that ends well, sweet April. It's not what you wanted. but it's far better than you feared. Take a deep breath and start afresh. We love you. Jim & Ellen