Wednesday, June 02, 2010

One golden week

I get a week off between jobs. A week is not that much time. Then again, it's an oasis of time. I can't wait. My dear husband will be away for the first weekend, so I and the pets will have the house to ourselves. I'd say it'll be peaceful, except there'll be the police and fire sirens, the drunk street people screaming, and, oh yes, the parrots. Also screaming. Still. If it's sunny, I plan to take a blanket and a book up to Yerba Buena and camp out for one day on the lawn. Then on another day I'll go take a long beach walk. My insides go all jittery just thinking about it. In other news: The writer of a blog I was following for two years, Carla Zilbersmith, died recently from ALS. This sounds like a real downer, and it is. However, if you care to read her blog yourself, starting from the beginning, you'll see why the final post, while sad, is also uplifting.

No comments: