Thursday, June 14, 2007

Completely different news

The hunky scientist proposed marriage to me on Sunday, and I said yes, of course. He's been getting hunkier lately, thanks to increased bike riding and weight lifting, and I figured if I didn't say yes that some other broad would grab him. The only bummer in the thing is that now I have this gorgeous, sparkly symbol of attachment and he's still running around out there lookin' all buff, tan, and single. Maybe I'll invent the first man's engagement ring. It'll be a thick platinum band that's engraved on the outside with the words "Too late, ladies!" All joking aside, I'm thrilled; my heart is content. And I'm happy, too, that neither of us wants a big, showy wedding. We just want to be married and have a nice time with our friends and family.
+++
Next week I'm going to attend a writer's group for the first time. Should be interesting and fun. I'll report back.
+++
On the grief front, I'm sleeping better this week, though work is kicking my butt and stressing me out (that's why I haven't posted in a little while).

3 comments:

Jeani said...

Wonderful news! Congrats!!!
"To Everything There Is A Season"
May this one be as joyous as the last one was sad.

Anonymous said...

Hi April, Mazel Tov on your engagment to Bob! You two are a great couple- I'm very happy for you both!
XO, Samantha

Anonymous said...

April,

I am very happy for you! Here's hoping your life together is wonderful.

"The main things which seem to me important on their own account, and not merely as means to other things, are knowledge, art, instinctive happiness, and relations of friendship or affection." -Bertrand Russell

I think you are a winner on all counts!

With affection,

-Pete